Let Today Be the Start of Something New!
QUICK GLANCE DATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
10/12 HS Senior Cookout Lunch
BUS DRIVER APPRECIATION – OCTOBER 18th
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE HIGH SCHOOL
PARTY AFTER PROM 2018
Welcome to Party After Prom 2018! It is back at the high school and is going to be the party of the year! At this time we are looking for parents that want to be part of the fun! Please sign up to fill chair positions below. Contact AP Chair Susan Peskin with any questions at 227-8725.
Rescheduled Counselor Coffee 10/6, 9-10AM, MP Room
Meet the high school counselors and listen to their thoughts on social media and technology. Snapping? Chatting? Streaking? On Fire? DMing? Wonder what your student is doing all day on their phone? Join us for coffee and round table discussion as we discover popular social media apps your students are using. Coffee and pastries will be provided.
Junior Team Building Day, 10/5, Camp Kern
Juniors will attend Camp Kern for a fun day of team building activities. PTO will provide lunch for this event.
Paying for College Night, 10/9, 6:30-7:30 PM, MP Room
PARENTS If you are challenged by the overwhelming cost of college for your kids, you’re not going to want to miss this FREE one-hour presentation “Tackling the Runaway Cost of College”. Be sure to attend this educational workshop to hear our guest speaker, Attila Kossanyi from Summit College Funding. You will learn about the financial aid process, strategies to maximize aid, the importance of choosing the right school, loan options and more!
HS PSAT, 10/11, 8:00AM
Testing begins promptly at 8:00AM…DON’T BE TARDY
- Get plenty of sleep and eat a good breakfast
- Come prepared with #2 pencils and an approved calculator
Senior Cookout Lunch, 10/12
Seniors have a special lunch outside at the Booster Pavilion
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL
#PITM2017 is here!
Party in the Middle is scheduled for Friday October 6th 7pm-9pm at the IHMS. This will be a FUN filled evening with a little bit of everything for everyone!
- Beachball Volleyball Tournament in the Gym. September 29 sign ups open up – first come first serve! See gym teachers to sign up ~ gym teachers will be at lunch periods as well as their classroom (the gym) for students to sign up!
- DJ Dance Party in the Cafeteria Dance the night away or hang out and listen to your favorite tunes in the cafeteria. Go to the Selfie Station and take photos with your friends using fun props.
- B-I-N-G-O…BINGO in the Multi-Purpose Room. Have fun and win prizes!
- GAMES – Ping Pong, Foos Ball, Air Hockey, board games & more in the West Wing
- Students should eat dinner before attending however light snacks and water will be provided. All snacks will be safe for students with allergies.
- Tickets are $10 each and go on sale during lunch 10/4, 10/5, 10/6. Students who purchase a ticket in advance at lunch get entered into a raffle to win door prizes at the event.
- Tickets sold at the door, $10. Note to parents: PTO did not collect fees for this event this year so either student pays at lunch or at the door. We encourage students to pre-purchase to alleviate check in crush.
Drop off all students for check in at West Wing doors (doors next to Auditorium doors). Doors open 7PM. Event ends promptly at 9pm so please be on time to pick up your child. To ease congestion, Sixth graders picked up at the MS Athletic doors and 7th & 8th graders at the West Wing doors. If you are carpooling and have multiple grade levels to pick up just make sure your child knows which door you are meeting him/her.
To SIGN UP to volunteer click on link below or email Robin Schwanekamp email@example.com for ways you can help!
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
5th Grade Families
If you have not paid your 5th Grade Celebration fee ($10), please send as soon as possible. You can either send cash or a check made out to IHPTO to your CRP (Contact Room Parent) or just send it to school in an envelope marked PTO. Your contribution DOES make a difference, let’s help our 5th graders celebrate their time at IHES in May with a fabulous week of festivities.
MD’s, RN’s, Audiogolist’s, LPN’s… We need you! October 9th and 10th are when our 3rd and 5th grade students will once again have vision and hearing screening. Due to Ohio state law, the hearing screenings, need to be administered by someone with specific licensure. Anyone can administer the vision test. Please click on the link below to sign up. Shifts are 2 to 3 hours long. Any time donated can help. This is often the time when our students vision and hearing problems are caught. Please make a difference and volunteer. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d49a8ad2ea31-volunteer
The International Fair is coming to IHES on November 3rd. If you are interested in volunteering to represent your homeland, please reach out to Clare Sheridan (firstname.lastname@example.org). This event is loved by our students, as they have a chance to learn about various cultures and countries that are represented in the IH student body. Flyer: International Fair 2017
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
- Primary School Pickup Patrol is in Full Swing. Please make sure your child is signed up with their transportation plan!
- 2nd Grade Students will be participating in a STEM cardboard challenge day Oct. 3rd.If you have extra cardboard boxes around the house please donate them for the project.
- Great opportunity to volunteer at the Primary School! We are in need of a few volunteers to help with First Grade Vision Screenings. On October 4th, every first grade student will have a vision screening. We are running a morning session (8:45-11:30) this year. A brief instruction session will be given during the first 15 minutes of the session. This is a really fun way to interact with the first grade students, please consider volunteering a couple of hours of your time! VOLUNTEER – http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b4da5a828a75-first
COLLECT YOUR BOXTOPS
Click here to join: YES! I WANT TO JOIN IH PTO
PTO SPONSORED CLUBS
CRYSTAL CLEAR SCIENCE CLUB – 1st & 2nd Graders
IH PTO has many areas of volunteering, whether you have a little or a lot of time to share.
- Library– (any questions please email email@example.com)
- Cafeteria– (any questions please email elizabethwallbrown@
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS (print)
- PS List (Grades 1/2): 2017-18 IHPS School Supply Lists
- ES List (Grades 3/4/5): 2017-18 IHES School Supply Lists
- MS List (Grades 6/7/8): 2017-18 IHMS School Supply Lists
STAFF WELCOME BACK LUNCH
A HUGE thank you to all of the volunteers who made the Staff Welcome Back Lunch (catered by Elegant Fare), New Family Orientation, and the New Family Social a roaring success! Those who attended have had nothing but positive things to say regarding the events. Thank you for taking time out of your busy summer to help the district, the families and students, you efforts did not go unnoticed! Thank you to the IHES Beautification team for making the front of the building look so welcoming! The front of the ES, complete with light streaming down from above, surely a good sign of the year to come! If you are a CRP (contact room parent) for the IHES and have questions, please first refer to the attached document, if you still have questions, reach out to your grade reps (Pam Hoynes 3rd, Heather Morris 4th or Heather Joseph 5th) or Jaime Goldstein (IHES PTO Director) Contact Room Parent Briefing
“The ongoing collaboration between the PTO and our schools in the Indian Hill Exempted Village School District provides a strategic advantage for our students and staff. This collaboration provides significant opportunities for parents and staff members to work together to enhance student success in academics, the arts, and athletics. Our parents remain active participants in a variety of educational processes, programs, and events and are welcomed and valued by our staff members.
As a result, our parents and staff members support all children in our district as we create memorable and meaningful educational experiences. Ultimately, the partnership between the PTO and our schools allows the district to uphold its vision of Enduring Excellence in Learning, Leadership, Innovation, and Service.” ~Mark T. Miles, Ph.D. IHEVSD Superintendent
IH PTO MISSION
To maintain an understanding, working relationship among the school administration and teachers, the parents of the pupils in the school, and others interested in the objectives of this school. To support an avenue for open, clear, and vital communication between parents and the school. To raise funds to provide enrichment opportunities which support current administration & curriculum to help make our great Indian Hill Schools even better. To provide our community of Indian Hill Public School staff, parents, and students with fun and family-friendly activities & celebrations throughout the year.