Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 2:00 pm
Indian Hill PTO presents Spotlight 2018, our annual variety show featuring performers in grades K-5 on Sunday, April 29, 2018. In addition to the student talent, this year’s Spotlight will feature:
- New this year: a SILENT AUCTION! Help us raise money for the fabulous IH Music and Art Departments by bidding on useful, great deals from around town such as: CAPA Group Class for Fall 2018, Gift Certificates from: King Arthur Toys, Dewey’s Pizza, Run, Jump, and Play, Woodhouse Day Spa, Recreations Outlet, Scene 75, Share Cheesebar, as well as a month of piano lessons from Lisa Fairfield Piano Studio, a family photography session from Agnes Kindberg Photography, and Gift baskets from Half Price Books, Orange Theory Fitness, and Blue Manatee Children’s Bookstore, and so much more!
- DVD & Blu-ray video available to purchase through IHTN. Click here to PRINT ORDER FORM
Thank you in advance for your generous support!
Spotlight General Admission Ticket (2018)
Spotlight K-5 Variety Show. General Admission Ticket. All proceeds go to the IH PS & ES Art and Music Departments.
DETAILS & INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS:
SPOTLIGHT 2018 DETAILS
The Spotlight Variety Show is now in it’s 20th year and it provides students in grades K-5 an opportunity to showcase their talents – both on and off stage. The show is fun for all who participate, and is great family entertainment.
All performing arts acts are welcome: dancing, comedy routines, singing, playing an instrument, or any other unique talent you’d like to share. A great show involves students from all aspects of our diverse community, i.e. ethnic dance and music groups, boy/girl scout groups, tae-kwon-do students, brownies, girls on the run, etc. We also need non-performing student talent, i.e. backstage help, passing out programs, collecting tickets, etc.
March 6th and March 7th 2018
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP FOR AUDITIONS: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4ca5ad23a7fd0-ihspotlight
- ONE audition/tryout time slot is needed for EACH ACT and students may only perform in ONE act.
- This sign up is for students that wish to perform an Act, be part of stage crew, or be an MC (5th grade only) for the show. Auditions are not necessary for MCs, backstage workers, ushers, or ticket takers but you still must sign up to be included. Thank you!
- Please have available at registration sign up: a parent contact email for EACH STUDENT IN THE ACT (We use email to communicate information, reminders, updates or any changes over the next few months. It is VERY important we have these emails.
- Name and grade for EACH STUDENT IN THE ACT
- Be sure to read the details below for mandatory dates and participation guidelines.
- All registration is first come, first serve.
- Tuesday, March 6 – Tryout Auditions @ Primary Auditorium 4:00-5:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 7 – Tryout Auditions @ Primary Auditorium 5:30-7:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 14 – Acts Selected for Spotlight 2018 Notified By Email
- Wednesday, April 4 – Friday, April 27, 2018 – Advanced Online Ticket Sales.
- Friday, April 27 – Evening 5:00-8:00 PM, Mandatory Dress Rehearsal @ HS Auditorium. (Act 1: 5:00-6:30 PM and Act 2: 6:30-8:00 PM)
- Sunday, April 29 – 2:00 pm Spotlight 2018! @ HS Auditorium
PRINT PROGRAM ADS and PERSONAL MESSAGES
All proceeds benefit our Music & Art departments. Business logos/promotional text will be featured on PTO district website, Facebook page, print program on April 29, and in our district mass email to over 1200 families. THANK YOU for your support! Contact Shana Waltz at email@example.com or (479) 595-4300 and download FORM here to reserve your spot in our program today.
- $50 1/2 page
- $100 full page
New This Year: We are excited to offer parents and family members the opportunity to recognize their performer with a personal message and/or photo in the Printed Spotlight 2018 Program! In addition to supporting the IH Music and Arts departments, it is a sweet way to create a lasting memory of the courage and bravery your little performer demonstrated when taking the stage at Spotlight 2018!
- $25 ¼ page – Includes a small photo and a personal message that is 25 words or less
- In order to give everyone an opportunity to showcase their talents, students may only perform in ONE act.
- Due to show logistics, working backstage or being an MC eliminates the option to appear in a performing act.
- Seniority rules when it comes to being an MC or backstage worker. Only 5th graders can be an MC, and elementary students manage the backstage.
- On-stage acts are limited to a maximum duration of 2 minutes.
- NO changes permitted in music selection or acts after tryouts.
- Participation is only open to Indian Hill School District K-5 students. Immediate relatives may participate if performing with a K-5 student.
- All acts must be considered G rated for General Audience. Please consider this when selecting music (including lyrics!), costumes, choreography, etc.
- Lip syncing is not permitted, but it is okay to sing along with a recording if you are primarily dancing.
- Live piano accompanist is available. If an accompanist is needed for the show, sheet music must be provided at the audition.
- There will be NO audio equipment (i.e. Boom box, CD players etc) for CDs/audio tapes during auditions or open stage practice. You are responsible for bringing your own if needed.
- Prior year acts may not be repeated in the exact same manner.
- To be accepted into the show, acts must exhibit preparation, practice, and be entertaining for an audience to appreciate your work. We want to support, encourage and motivate all performers-to-be. Auditioning is a wonderful experience to grow from. In order to keep our show time frame within 2 hours, there will be a limited number of Acts selected and those Acts will receive an additional email confirming that they have been selected to participate in the Spotlight show.
IMPORTANT FOR PARENTS
As this is a PTO sponsored production to benefit the school, families of all students who perform will be asked to:
- ALL PARENTS with a student in our Spotlight show MUST contribute volunteer time for one activity (some volunteer time examples include: supervision of students waiting backstage (green room), working concessions at intermission and after the show, clean up after the show, will call /day of show ticket sales, food donations, etc.) If you do not choose a volunteer opportunity, one will be assigned to you. Thank you! Click the following link to sign up today! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4ca5ad23a7fd0-ihspotlight2
- Purchase ticket – general admission seat for yourself and your performer(s). All performers will be asked to sit with their parent either prior to or after intermission depending on which Act in the show your performer is in. There will be no participation fee and no free balcony seating. To keep our show flowing smoothly, to RESPECT all of our performers, and for the safety of our participants, we ask that parents make plans to stay for the entire 2-hour performance. Thank you!
We are excited to be inviting our community to our one-of-a-kind Spotlight K-5 Variety show this April 29th. We will be sending out press releases and notifying all in-coming Kindergarten registrations of our event, local pre-schools, local residents of all ages, the IH journal, and other media and television marketing opportunities. We want everyone to know that our IH K-5 Graders “got talent”.
We are looking forward to a great show! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Shana Waltz at firstname.lastname@example.org
SPOTLIGHT 2018 PROGRAM COVER ART CONTEST!
Enter Now! We need a cover design for our program! If you want your drawing to appear on the cover, read on!!
- Black and white only and no shaded backgrounds.
- The programs are photocopied, so try to not draw ½” from each border. Otherwise your artwork will get cut off!
- Please use the blank program cover template provided which has the following information on it:
- Spotlight! 2018
- April 29, 2018
- 2:00 p.m.
- Your name as artist should be visible, but not too big.
- Only one cover per student may be submitted.
- Artwork must be submitted on a blank Spotlight logo cover (PDF).
- Unfortunately, any artwork not submitted on the official cover cannot be considered.
- PLEASE CUT SHEET IN HALF! ARTWORK NEEDS TO BE ON A ½ SIZE SHEET TO BE CONSIDERED!
- For best preservation of your art, please submit in a large envelope so you don’t have to fold the artwork. Envelopes should be marked “Spotlight Program Cover Artwork” and have your name and homeroom.
- Submissions must be turned in by Monday, April 9, 2018
- Artists of the winning cover(s) will be notified in advance of the show, and everyone who submits a cover will have their work displayed in the lobby on the day of the show.
The Spotlight 2018 Chairs
100% of Spotlight proceeds go to the Art & Music Departments in the Primary and Elementary School.
In past years, Spotlight has been a huge success in raising money for the art and music departments at the Primary and Elementary Schools. Congratulations to our past chairs and also a big thank you to all of our parent volunteers. Bravo to all of our talented performers from the Primary and Elementary Schools!
“Last year, I bought a new xylophone and an extra riser to add to our current ones. Other things over the years have included Songbooks for the music room, Music games, i.e. Instruments, BINGO, Rhythm Basketball, Classroom set of drums, African Djembe Drum, CD’s of music for classroom use, Barred instruments, etc.” Alice Bohn, ES Music Teacher
“I’m like Alice – in the past 4 years I have bought 2 new xylophones, a new metallophone, 2 glocks, 2 mics and cords, countless tambourines, maracas, finger cymbals, woodblocks, triangles, and LOTS of classroom materials – musicals, Orff books, and kindermusik materials! Not to mention art supplies and paper for musical sets and designs! It would NOT have been possible without Spotlight money! These items add up to HUNDREDS of dollars – so fortunate!” Barb Watson, PS Music Teacher
“The ceramic work at IHPS is generously funded by the proceeds of the annual Spotlight. A wide selection of glazes and clay are purchased with the money. And I thank you all!” Margaret Mock, PS Art Teacher